Patchcords & Pigtails
SDS OPTIC employs professional and high performance equipment. Our cable winding machines ensure the high precision of cutting and measuring. We put into practice a multi-stage process of assembling, measurement, and quality control techniques.
- ferrule and fiber quality visual testing – 400x
- ferrule and fiber quality interferometric testing – IEC 61300-3-17
- insertion loss measure
- back reflection measure
SDS OPTIC offers a wide range of fiber optic cordages.
- single mode 9/125 all type fibers (i.e. G.652D, G.655, G.657A1)
- multi mode 50/125, 62.5/125 all type fibers
- polishing APC 8o, PC, UPC
- many types and colors for connectors, boots, and tubes (i.e. SC, FC, ST, LC, MU)
- simplex and duplex configuration
- custom length
- low insertion loss
- high return loss
- (On request, test reports are attached to every product)
The company SDS Optic specializes in pre-assembling of hermetic and standard photoelectronics components. Thanks to The Labaratory of Teleinformatic Technologies and Photonics, SDS Optic has elaborated the positioning nanometric-precision platforms. The use of the Finite Element Analysis Method (FEA) in designing geometrically hermetic seals allows a reduction of disadvantageous stress, which occurs during hermetization and reduces insertion loss to a level of: <0.01dB @ 1550nm wavelength.